Saturday, February 2, 2008

thought vomit

I'm thinking about everything I've played or watched in the last week, because I can't be assed to sit down and write a comprehensive paragraph about Assassin's Creed (and seriously, who doesn't know by now?). So here's the whirlwind tour of everything I've done.

Portal - Oh fuck yes. Nothing's better than Portal. Explain to me how a 19-level game has more replay value than anything else I've ever played? GLaDoS never gets old. The four-hour puzzle that spawned a thousand inside jokes completely captured my heart just before Christmas break last year. Portal + Cheez-ums Pringles = bliss.

Assassin's Creed - Dammit. Talk to me when I'm less bitter about the ending.

Sweeney Todd - You know how sometimes you wait for a movie for years and years, and you build it up in your brain because everything sounds so fabulous, and then you go and see it the day it comes out and it's just a pile of crap and you feel like you've wasted a couple of years of your life just to be shat on by the motion picture industry? This is SO not one of those movies. Ahhhh. Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman: my dream duet, realized.

Edward Scissorhands - What can I say? I wanted more Burton/Depp action. Everyone has an opinion on Edward Scissorhands and nothing I say will change it. Just keep reading.

Star Wars: Episode I with RiffTrax - This movie is vastly improved by RiffTrax. It is even more vastly improved by Sunny D and vodka. "Long, long ago in a galaxy far away, a filmmaker went pants-crapping insane!" Download it and gather up a roomful of nerds (just not Star Wars nerds).

Super Mario Galaxy - I want to love this game, I really do. I just wish I didn't have to try so hard. It is very well done, and I imagine once I stop comparing it to Super Mario 64 I'll enjoy it a lot more, but that is hard.

That's my week, more or less, interspersed with classes, homework and lots of arty crap...but I won't bore you all with that here.

No comments: